Christmas in the Cinque Terre is pure magic: every year, December the 8th, is the day when the biggest nativity and, certainly, one of the most evocative in the world, comes on.
There are no traditional statues to represent the birth of Jesus, but over 300 luminous figures, human and animal, life size: it’s easy, for those who have never had the chance to admire it, imagine the suggestion of this exceptional work.
Its creator is the ninety-year-old Mario Andreoli, who thus gave further prestige to Manarola, his village of origin, in which the light nativity scene is set up; the location is the Tre Croci (Three crosses) hill, where over 15 thousand lights will create to a unique magic. From the first year, in which the work was smaller, Andreoli chose to use waste materials for its creation: recycling plastic boxes, iron wires, rubber pieces…
A succesful intuition, carried forward edition after edition thanks also to the many volunteers who every Christmas take care in realization of this nativity.
You can admire from above, expecially from the hill of Beccara, this incredible show, or in a new way, from the sea, thanks to the tour organized by Arbaspàa (here the details: https://bit.ly/2r3KWWb), which onboard a beautiful wooden fishing boat adapted for passenger transport, will ferry you from the port of La Spezia to Manarola. A journey overlooking the postcard-pretty landscapes of the Gulf of Poets and the Riviera, in a boat with sheltered spaces, during which hot drinks and accompanying snacks will be served to the participants.
Don’t miss the magic: from 8 December until the end of January, the most beautiful Christmas is in the Cinque Terre.
Lighting of the Manarola Nativity: program for Saturday 8 December:
– 10.30 am Oratory of the Church of San Lorenzo – Green decorations for green trees – LABORATORY for children with the CEA of the Cinque Terre Park. Free participation. Info and reservations e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
– 2.30-7.30 pm Oratory of the Church of San Lorenzo, special stamp cancellation dedicated to the 57th Edition of the luminous Nativity
– 02.45 pm Railway Station of Manarola, Arrival from Genoa of the extraordinary train organized by the Transport Department of the Liguria Region. Puccini Filarmonica welcome concert for Regional Council for the protection of disabled people – Fa.Di.Vi and Oltre Association
– 4.45 pm Square of the Church of San Lorenzo – Greetings from the Authorities in the presence of Mr. Mario Andreoli, creator of the Nativity
– 5 pm Torchlight procession in the Nativity of the Tre Croci Hill, by CAI (Alpine Italian Club) of La Spezia
– 5:30 pm Ignition Nativity on the Hill of the Three Crosses in Manarola and fireworks display
Christmas market throughout the day in Piazza D. Capellini. Food stand with products from Val di Vara “La Dolciaria” by C. Pellegrini, Piazza della Chiesa di San Lorenzo (from 2.00 pm)
Questo contenuto è disponibile anche in: Italian
Copyright 2015-2019 Arbaspàa srl P.IVA & codice fiscale (VAT-Number) IT-01120490113
Reg. imprese CCIAA La Spezia 01120490113 REA-SP 102437Sito a cura di Softrade